The 2020 Election Day is just 10 days away. Whether you already voted early or are gearing up to go to the polls on election day, we compiled 10 ways to make the most out of the next 10 days.
1. Join our discussion group on Thursday 10/29 at 6:30pm to discuss the Netflix limited series Whose Vote Counts, Explained. Leonardo DiCaprio, Selena Gomez, and John Legend narrate this entertaining and eye-opening series that was produced by Vox media. This 3-part series is about an hour and a half total.
2. Make a plan to vote. Learn more about voting early or voting on election day here.
3. Educate yourself on the people and issues up and down the voting ballot. Unsure who to vote for? Download the app We Vote from Philadelphia's Committee of Seventy for access to all candidate info. Have questions? Check out Equally Informed Philly and text a team of real people who will gather and vet answers from the city's most trusted newsrooms, independent journalists, and community organizations.
5. Show off your voter pride and encourage everyone you know to vote. Check out these Philly-themed "I Voted " stickers and buttons and posters from Philly artist collective Project Vote Philly.
6. Take this quiz which will help you develop a self-care plan to help manage election-related stress and anxiety.
7. Listen to podcasts to learn more about the electoral college. We recommend these episodes of The Daily and Throughline.
8. Take a walk and check out all the Philly voter pride on display in your neighborhood.
9. Volunteer to text bank for the candidate you want to see elected.
10. Watch some TV. Whether you are looking for an eye-opening documentary or to escape into the world where we already have a woman as vice president this list will keep you entertained through November 3rd and beyond.
Jo is a Board Member for the New Impact Philadelphia Professional Chapter